- REMIC is pleased to announce that we have provided over 1,000 online exams to our students. The process has had some challenges, but we’ve worked hard to provide a sustainable solution for our students and are pleased to report that our students are giving great feedback on this innovative examination process.
- We have record numbers of students attending our live webcast courses. Details can be found at https://www.remic.ca/live-webcast-registration/
- We are reviewing in class protocols and will announce when in class courses will resume. That decision will be science based with our students’ and staff’s safety our first priority.
- Further updates will be posted here as they are announced
REMIC CREATES 100K COVID-19 RELIEF FUND TO ASSIST STUDENTS WITH ONLINE PROCTORED EXAM FEES DURING PANDEMIC
REMIC commits up to 100K to cover costs associated with online exams, transfer fees to live webinars from in-class options that are no longer available, and other service fees that would otherwise apply to ensure student success in this difficult time.
Toronto, May 12, 2020
Today, after working with regulators and industry, financial services educator REMIC announced that it has contracted Examity, a highly rated online proctoring service, to provide online examinations to its students. “This step is vital to our students’ ability to start their new careers,” said REMIC President Joe White.
With over 2,000 students eligible to write final exams, REMIC has created the COVID-19 Relief Fund, covering 100% of the proctoring fee charged by Examity, to ensure that every REMIC student affected by the pandemic has access to this service.
“We pride ourselves on delivering fanatical service in our commitment to our students’ success,” said White. “After waiving extension fees and moving all of our in-class students to live webinar courses as of March, this was the next, and most impactful step,” said White.
Cain Daniel, REMIC’s VP of Education and Strategic Partnerships, believes that this is the right thing to do for students who are impacted by the pandemic, and hopes that the entire industry follows suit. “Changing careers can be exciting, but it’s also stressful; doubly so during these trying times as students have been forced to wait to write their final exam. This initiative addresses some of that stress, and hopefully makes our students’ lives a little bit better.”
April 28, 2020 @ 08:39 pm
As the leader in in-class and online mortgage education, REMIC is committed to providing all of our students with a safe learning environment.
In light of growing, well founded concerns about the virus, and the importance of social distancing in the fight to contain it, all courses will be conducted virtually.
- Our offices are closed. Please do not go to any of our locations as you can not be assisted in person.
- If you have any concerns, questions, etc. please call 877.447.3642 or use our live help.
Examinations – online exams are expected to be available in the first week of June – updates to follow
- Online proctored examinations will be an option in June.
- Students will be updated via email. If you are a REMIC student please wait for notification by email and in your online course for specific details on booking an exam.
- REMIC worked hard to find a solution for its thousands of students who qualify to write their mortgage agent licensing exam but are unable to do so due to in-person restrictions.
- The chosen solution meets REMIC’s rigorous standards of exam security and ensure the ongoing integrity of the educational component of the licensing process.
All of us at REMIC remain committed to providing you a safe learning environment and look forward to continue transforming students into successful entrepreneurs.
See the following links for updates on the coronavirus.
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Joseph White, President