Optimize Your Website To Increase Newsletter Subscription
As a new real estate or mortgage agent, you’ve got the basics covered: website, business cards, email newsletter and social media accounts. One of the greatest challenges for anyone in this industry is generating more leads. Content marketing through blogging and e-newsletters are highly effective in attracting potential leads – but just how effective are they?
- Year-over-year growth in unique site traffic is 7.8x higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers
- 82% of prospects say content targeted to their industry is more valuable
- Using inbound tactics saves an average of 13% in overall cost per lead
- Adopting an inbound strategy doubles average website conversion rates, from 6% to 12%
Source: Kapost: http://kapost.com/content-marketing-facts/
Mortgage brokering in Ontario is regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) and requires a license. To obtain a license you must first pass an accredited course. The Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc. (REMIC) is accredited by FSCO to provide the course. For more information please visit us at www.remic.ca/getlicensed or call us at 877-447-3642
By now you understand the importance of creating reader (industry) specific content, but just how do you capture a lead through your content? Here are a few simple tips to get you started:
Website Lead Capture
- Increase the visibility of opt-in (sign-up) newsletter forms on your website
- Areas to place: sidebar, floating box, pop-up box, or end-of-post (share) buttons and CTAs
- Use Google Analytics to track the pages with the highest and longest number of views and place the CTAs there
- Offer a downloadable free e-book, video, or other educational content in exchange for email opt-in
Newsletter Lead Capture
- Add CTA (call to action) buttons asking the reader to do something specific (ex: sign-up)
- An attractive subject line, persuasive header, visual graphics, and a short value pitch about your newsletter can help increase your subscribers list
- Create a newsletter specific landing page that is separate from your actual website
- Remove navigation links and focus on the content and URL
Social Media Lead Capture
- Consider focusing on your newsletter subscription list by adding a direct link to the opt-in page from your social media accounts (ex: a quiz that captures lead info)
- Offer free resources (ex: host a webinar) to capture industry specific leads
Remember, the best way to attract any audience is to provide reader relevant content. Before posting, always ask yourself (as someone in the same industry): would I want to read this? Using keyword research tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner, you can easily find what people in your industry are searching the web for. The next step is to use inbound tactics to capture lead information and follow up with your subscribers – you have to keep them subscribed!
FREE WEBINARS: Topics include: commercial mortgage, mortgage investments, private mortgages, lead generation and more!
You may also be interested in our article about managing your client database: Close More Deals By Leveraging Your Client Database
Here’s how to win at your next client meeting: How to Win a Face-2-Face Client Meeting
Looking to get more referrals? Read our article: 8 Dynamite Ways to Get More Mortgage Referral Sources
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your community!
Latest posts by Sana Zaidi (see all)
- What You Should Know About Advertising As a Mortgage Broker - September 4, 2015
- Social Media Etiquette: Sorry, Please, and Thank You - August 7, 2015
- 11 Ways Consumers Can Prevent Mortgage Fraud - July 17, 2015