So you want to be a millionaire?
Who doesn’t? The real question, the question we all struggle to answer is how. Let’s work on one possible solution. First you need to figure out what you like to do. Many people will tell you that you should do what you love. My opinion is to do what you like a whole lot. Love? That’s a strong word and I personally don’t feel you need to love what you do. You could end up spending your whole life looking for that one thing that you really love to do and then find it’s too late in life to do it, or find that it will never make you wealthy.
So make a list of things that you like to do. Do you like working with people or prefer working behind a computer? Do you want to be your own boss or work for someone else? Do you want to be a millionaire if it means some risk and long days, or would you prefer to make a decent living if it meant having security?
Depending on what you like to do will determine what you will get the most satisfaction from doing. You then have to do some research and look for careers that have the traits of what you like. Once you’ve found a list of those careers determine which ones will make you wealthy. For the purposes of this article I’m focusing on wealth, not security or anything else unrelated to wealth creation. Why? Because it’s my article. And you’re here because of the article’s title.
A career as a licensed mortgage agent.
Mortgage brokering in Ontario is regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) and requires a license. To obtain a license you must first pass an accredited course. The Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc. (REMIC) is accredited by FSCO to provide the course. For more information please visit us at www.remic.ca/getlicensed or call us at 877-447-3642.
Consider those points well and if you think that a career as a mortgage agent might be worth having a closer look at, download our free e-book here or take a free career quiz here. Both of these resources are fantastic and will definitely help you make a decision.
Let’s look at one career choice and see if you like it. Becoming a licensed mortgage agent has the following traits:
- It’s inexpensive to get licensed (where else can you potentially earn millions and not require hundreds of thousands in education? Very few opportunities like this exist)
- You can be your own boss (you’re an independent contractor)
- You can work your own hours (see point 1)
- You interact with new people on a regular basis
- You have unlimited earning potential – you can be a millionaire, and quickly
- You have job security (again, see point 1)
- You don’t have a pension plan
- You don’t get free benefits
- You can’t collect employment insurance
- To be successful you’ll have to spend long days in the beginning
- If you don’t produce, you don’t have an income – no millionaire income for non-producers
If you decide that this is a career for you then your next step is to take the course you need to get licensed. You can sign up and get more information at the Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc. at www.remic.ca or by calling them at 877-447-3642
Whether this is the career for you or not isn’t as important as finding something that you like to do. That is one way to fast track yourself to becoming a millionaire!